Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Me timbers shiverin'!

Arggh, mateys! Cap'n Bill here. Ye wish to know why I prefer to be avast in the wide Sargasso Sea that sit portside? Besides it be me job to try and save derelct ships? Because it is safer out in the sea with typhoons that sitting having tea with the Bishop or Governor.

Talk about dangerous bishops, here is one who is even a danger to his own self:

"Bishop Robinson said he had been reading inaugural prayers through history and was “horrified” at how “specifically and aggressively Christian they were.”

“I am very clear,” he said, “that this will not be a Christian prayer, and I won’t be quoting Scripture or anything like that."

Well, let me be clear, Bp Robinson, I think ye be just the man to be able to do that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/13/us/13prayer.html?ref=politics

No comments:

The good ship ELCA...

The good ship ELCA...
Or the Shellfish blog...